01 February, 2012
Had I not had a stroke of genius sooner, this post would have been perfect for ‘Straya Day but I’ve always been a little slow on the uptake :P
It was actually thanks to some inspiration in the form of Sizzler toast food fantasy from Dani that I stumbled across this gem.
Prepare to have your tastebuds made love to and your penchant for laziness completely enabled. I give you the…
You will need:
- 2 slices of grainy bread (cos I’m being healthy and that)
- 1 egg
- Cheese spread (or you could use real cheese if you wanted to get fancy)
- Some butter to grease the pan
Then get your Domestic Goddess pants on and:
1. Lightly toast both slices of bread to prevent them getting soggy.
2. Spread one slice of bread with Vegemite & the other with cheese spread.
3. Beat the egg & pour it onto a plate.
4. Put your bread spread sides together & dip in egg mixture.
5. Place in fry pan & cook flipping regularly to avoid sogginess or burning.
6. Cook until golden brown.
7. Serve cut into fancy looking triangles & maybe with some sort of garnish.
**The tomatoes I used as a garnish turned out to be a bit frozen from the fridge being too cold. Frozen tomatoes are not nice, just for future reference. And if you have a sensitive gag reflex, don’t even bother**
This is actually even better than it looks and sounds and is the PERFECT hangover breakfast. Easy to make, usually stuff you already have laying around the house and satisfies that deep fried hot food kinda craving you get when hungover. But is surprisingly not that bad for you.
Yay we all win!
This will be a sure fire hit with the men. And the kids. And, well, me.