18 January, 2012
Well it was a very lovely surprise this time last week to log on and find out I had been given the Liebster blog award by the very lovely and incredibly arty Tessie Girl!
She nominated me because apparently "Sheri is a Gil Elvgren poster come to life. Her blog is an awesome glimpse into the Rockabilly culture. She is a great writer too." Now THAT is a BIG statement. It made me blush but I appreciate it so very much!
But what is a Liebster Blog Award I hear you ask?
"Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favourite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to these wonderful blogs."
So here's what you gotta do:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog. (Right click on the award image and save it to your hard-drive and then upload it to your blog).
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other bloggers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
Well, man! They don't make this thing easy...only five!?!?
It was a tough pick and many of my favourites were left out because they have more than 200 followers (or I couldn't see how many they had) but I narrowed it down to:
- Baby, I'm Bored: A blog on all things beauty run by an even more beautiful UK lass
- Go Pug Yourself: An adorable blog about pugs. Need I say more?
- Lady Daa Doo: I actually found her blog through this award process. That in itself is a blessing! She blogs about all things 'lady' and with such a great sense of humour.
- Living with Bob (Dysautonomia): A revealing, often heart wrenching but ultimately inspiring look at one ladies life living with a life changing disease. Her fabulous sense of humour and sheer determination warm my heart. She will do great things.
- Mrs BC's House of Chaos: A look at domestic life in a less than ordinary way by a far from ordinary woman. Always great, relatable content told with spunk and a sense of humour.
Phew! So, go check out these blogs - you won't be sorry that you did.
And a BIG thank you to Gillian once again for the nomination. Totally made my day!